Yesterday lunchtime I had the pleasure to attend an event hosted by Bio-Oil at Spruce restaurant Tanglin Road! …
I’m pretty sure that all my UK readers will of heard of Bio-Oil and most probably used it at least once in their beauty regimes, but in Singapore its only quite recently been released and is still being established. As the leading dry Beauty Oil in 11 countries worldwide since 2002, Bio-Oil, which originates from South-Africa, is set to take over the Singaporean market very soon!
For those that aren’t in the know already, Bio-Oil contains a combination of plant extracts and vitamins suspended in an oil base. It’s breakthrough ingredient, Purcellin Oil, makes it non-greasy and non-sticky.
During the session, bloggers compared the Bio-Oil formula to the Vitamin-E oil capsules (it’s main ingredient) on the back of their hands and you could really feel the difference between their consistencies. The Bio-Oil felt much lighter and absorbed far more quickly. Not only that, it has a beautiful light Rose scent which lingers on the skin after use.
Despite the fact that I’ve already used Bio-Oil myself for scars and moisturising, I learnt some new ways of using this miracle beauty product during the session:
- Hair-care: For those with curly hair prone to frizz (like mine!) a small amount can be applied to the dry sections of your hair (when wet or when dry) to help heal and prevent split-ends and dryness. I’ve been looking for a hair-oil for ages and it is great that I had one sitting in my cupboard the whole time in the form of Bio-Oil!
- After-Sun care: It can also be used for that tight-skin feeling after being in the sun for too long.
- Cuticle Care: manicures and pedicures are made easier with Bio-Oil.
- Lip Balm: apply a small amount of Bio-Oil to chapped, dry lips for instant relief.
- Make-up Removal: Bio-Oil can even be used to remove your make up (what can this oil not do??)
I had a great (and educational) afternoon and met some lovely people and beauty bloggers. Thanks to Bio-Oil, Access Communications and Spruce for hosting and organising this event (and the delicious food!)
Pictures of the afternoon all below!
|Bio-Oil’s main ingredients. Oil from the Calendula and Lavender flowers, Rosemary Leaf and Chamomile, & Vitamins A and E|
|Bloggers trying out Bio-Oil vs. Vitamin Oil capsules. Bio-Oil wins!|
|Absolutely delicious strawberries! I ate so many of these!|
|Too-cute-to-eat Bio-Oil biscuit|