In Summer, I like to keep my skincare and make-up to a bare minimum. Living in Singapore has made this even more important, what with the hot and humid climate, its pretty much Summer here all year round!
For this reason, I’m constantly on the lookout for products that have a lightweight consistency and won’t clog my pores. Heres my selection of products I’ve tried, tested and am loving this month.
1. Nuxe Nuxellence Youth & Radiance Revealing Fluid – This product literally feels like second skin when applied, not to mention it smells great! Applied after cleansing and toning, it melts & dissolves into the skin leaving no residue. Since using it for the past month at least once a day, my skin looks brighter and more toned and very even. Ingredients include Passion flower, Poppy petals, Acrucauria seeds and Olive leaves. All ingredients in Nuxe products are botanical. Hows that for flower power? Available to purchase in Singapore on www.bellabox.com.sg
2. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant – I can say that over the years I’ve become a true Dermalogica convert. The Daily Microfoliant provides daily exfoliating for your skin, but without the harshness of physical scrubs. It comes in powder form with a unique rice-based formula, and when mixed with water this becomes an emulsion you can massage onto your face and neck. Continue for one minute, wash off and voila! Brighter skin. This is all I have used on my skin for nearly 6 months – no other cleansers needed. It also smooths and prepares skin perfectly for make-up application. Just microfoliate, tone, moisturise and your set to go.
3. Revlon ColourStay Concealer – My favourite type of concealers are liquid concealers, they glide on easily and are easier to blend. Revlon’s ColourStay concealer covers imperfections, and is great for covering up any signs of a bad night’s sleep!
4. Benefit Hoola Bronzer – I always fall back to the Benefit Hoola Bronzer – perfect shade of tan, tawny brown that never ends up looking orange. Another plus, it also lasts for ages. Thanks Benefit!
5. Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream – This lightweight cream provides even coverage and immediately perfects the skin. They have colour options for light and medium skin tones. Contains SPF 15.
6. APIVITA Express Beauty Face Mask with Aloe – I found this face mask immediately refreshing and cooling on the skin. It also contains a green tea infusion to pack in antioxidant action. The unique thing about APIVITA products is that they contain up to 100% natural ingredients and exclude any synthetic ingredients.
Fancy having your product reviewed for next month’s Beauty Round-Up? Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.